This Lemon Mousse Dessert will knock your socks off! Be impressed friends, only 2 ingredients! It’s all natural, creamy, fluffy, lemony, just plain delightful! You can whip this up in 5 minutes. Get it “whip” it up? Because you’ll use ‘whip’ cream? And this is food blog? Hardy har har.
Lemon Mousse Dessert
Okay, enough of my cheesy jokes, oh, that was another food pun. Anyways, remember when we made this Lemon Curd? Well, if you’ve got any of this left over… um, yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if you didn’t, but, next time you make it, save some for this lemon mousse dessert, K? All you need is 2 ingredients:
- Lemon Curd
- Heavy Cream
That’s it! This will be the perfect dessert for Mother’s day. Or graduation, okay, anytime of the year. It’s fabulous, trust me!
If you don’t have any lemon curd laying around, you can certainly make it. It’s really quite easy, but then I realize, you’ll no longer be at 2 ingredients and 5 minutes. You can totally use jarred if you want to. But, I’m thinking, once you try the homemade stuff? You’ll never go back. 🙂 Either way, this is super quick, super delightful dessert.
Are you ready to get cooking? Your peeps are going to be totally impressed!
A few notes…
- Here’s my homemade lemon curd, but you can use jarred.
- Use the whisk attachment on your mixer, if you have one.
- Fresh mint leaves and lemon zest make a really beautiful garnish.
- I don’t use any sugar in the whipped cream because the lemon curd is sweet enough on it’s own.
- You can change the proportions if you like it more or less lemony.
Your spoon is waiting.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup lemon curd
- lemon zest (optional garnish)
- fresh mint leaves (optional garnish)
- Place the heavy cream in a stand mixer and beat on high until soft peaks form.
- Fold lemon curd into the whipped cream.
- Serve garnished with fresh mint leaves and lemon zest if desired
Looking for more easy desserts?