Chicken Pot Pie
I think within 5 minutes of eating this, I emailed my friend and asked her for the recipe. I make it often. It’s also one of my favorite meals to bring to other new moms or anyone that just needs a meal.
Pot pie is pretty all inclusive, meat, veggies, dairy, grains… so, I often serve it with a fruit salad, or peaches and cottage cheese. This is a huge winner in our house. Perfect for a cold winter day. A very simple, yet super satisfying meal.
CHICKEN POT PIE
- ⅓ cup butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- ⅓ cup onion
- ½ tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 can chicken broth
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1½-3 cups cooked diced chicken
- 2 cups frozen mixed veggies
- 2 deep dish pie crusts homemade or store bought
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, onion.
- Cook, stirring until bubbly.
- Stir in broth and milk, return to heat, let boil, stirring 1 minute or so until thick.
- Add cooked chicken and veggies.
- Pour into pie crust, place top pastry over filling, seal edges and flute.
- Cut in vents.
- Bake at 425 for 35-45 minutes.
- Let stand for 15 minutes to let it thicken and cool before serving.