Need a fancy dessert with minimal effort? Sugared Crispy Wonton Napoleons are a delightful dessert or even a fun after school snack. These are super easy to make and you’ll most definitely enjoy them! What are Napoleons anyway? Well, traditionally they are a flaky rectangular pastry with a sweet filling. This is a twist on the classic using crisp wontons instead of pastry and they’re filled with ricotta cheese, berries and lemon curd making it sweet tangy and tart!
This post may contain affiliate links
Crispy Wonton Napoleons
These are perfect to snack on during the summer months when you can get berries straight from the farmers market, or even the farm! Sometimes we pick our own. We have four seasons here in the mitten, so, I’m always enjoying each one’s harvest to the fullest.
While I wouldn’t call this “healthy” per se, you can feel pretty good about it. Berries are fantastic anti-oxidants to keep you healthy, and the ricotta cheese adds a bit of protein. I always love it when I can add even a little nutrition into a dish.
What you need~
- wonton wrappers
- sliced almonds
- ricotta cheese
- fresh berries
- lemon curd (homemade or store bought)
What to do~
- Place wonton wrappers on a baking sheet and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with sugar and sliced almonds. Bake at 400 until crisp and golden.
- On half of the wontons, place a dollop of ricotta cheese, fresh berries and lemon curd. Top with the another crisp wonton. Serve immediately
- Use strawberries and blueberries or any combination of your choice
- Substitute Greek yogurt for the ricotta cheese
- Skip the lemon curd (oh, but don’t it’s truly the best part) and drizzle some honey over the berries to sweeten.
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can whip up some homemade lemon curd, it’s really not very hard to do!
Crispy Wonton Napoleons
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1 Tbs melted butter
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blackberries and raspberries
- 1/4 cup lemon curd
Preheat oven to 400.
Place wonton wrappers on a baking sheet and brush with melted butter.
Sprinkle the wonton wrappers with sugar and sliced almonds.
Bake until crisp and golden, about 5-7 minutes.
Top 6 wontons with ricotta cheese, berries and lemon curd.
Top with remaining wontons.
Looking for more fabulous summer desserts that are quick and easy? Check out these: