Guacamole is my love language. You too? Have you ever thought about making it at home? Whether you have attempted it or not, today I’m sharing the easiest guacamole recipe with you.
Easiest Guacamole Recipe
There was a time when I thought guacamole was just something you had at a restaurant. I had to order it every time we went to a Mexican restaurant. I loved it, couldn’t get enough. Then one day I had this “a-ha” moment. Why in the world am I not making this at home? It can’t be that hard.
While I’ve been making this for years, literally, I have never put it up on the blog. I’m not sure why, maybe I just think everyone already knows how, or that there’s a gazillion guacamole recipes out there. But today friends, I guess my recipe is joining the others. Cinco De Mayo is coming up, so this seems like the perfect time to show you my easiest guacamole recipe.
One of the things I love about this guacamole is it’s incredibly versatile. And while I have a main sort of ‘staple’ recipe that I use and love, it’s really easy to substitute, or mix it up, add or subtract your preferences. This one is not a spicy one, but you can certainly add heat to it.
What you need~
- cherry tomatoes
- juice of a lime
What to do~
- Cut the avocado in half (drag your knife around the pit), remove the pit, and scoop out the flesh
- Mash the avocado with a fork, or a potato masher
- Add minced garlic, diced tomatoes, lime juice, cumin and cilantro
- Stir until combined
- I typically figure about 1/2 an avocado per person.
- If you’re preparing for a larger crowd, you can adjust amounts. Add more of the ingredients, but watch it on the spices. Garlic or cumin won’t necessarily need to be doubled or tripled. Always taste test (that’s the best part).
- Add red onion for some bite, add jalapeno for some heat.
- I think cherry tomatoes have the best flavor, but any tomatoes will do. Don’t like tomatoes? Leave them out.
- If you’re in a rush, you can get a great guacamole by adding a spoon full of salsa to your mashed avocado, then add fresh squeezed lime juice and cumin.
See? Isn’t that the easiest guacamole recipe ever?? I expect you’ll be making at home now. At least on Cinco De Mayo!
Have a favorite guacamole recipe? I’d love to hear about it!
Easiest Guacamole Recipe
- 2 avocados sliced in half
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- Juice from 1/2 a lime if the lime isn't very juicy, add the other half too
- 1 clove garlic minced or pressed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbs cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Scoop out flesh of avocados and mash with a fork or potato masher.
Add lime juice, garlic, and cumin, stir well.
Add tomatoes and cilantro, and gently stir.
Serve immediately with chips.
Ya know what goes great with guacamole? Homemade salsa! Here’s 2 ways to make it:
If you want to go all out and make your own chips too… My friend Sheila from eat 2 gather has a great recipe: