Banana cupcakes with fluffy peanut butter frosting topped with bits of bacon, “you can’t help falling in love” with this Elvis Cupcakes Recipe!
Post contains affiliate links~ Thanks for keeping the coffee brewing!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed bananas about 3
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon, set aside.
- combine sugar, mashed bananas and applesauce, stir well.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir to combine. Do not over stir.
- Spoon batter into cupcake wells, fill about 2/3 of the way. See notes for my favorite muffin pan! A regular muffin tin will need to be greased, or cupcake liners will be needed.
- Bake for 8 minutes at 425. Then reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 15-20 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean when finished.
- Cool cupcakes completely before frosting.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a stand mixer.
- Add peanut butter and salt and mix on high until well blended. If frosting is too thick, add milk or cream 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach desired consistency
- Frost fully cooled cupcakes. Garnish with crumbled bacon. Enjoy!
This recipe was inspired by Book Club, to see more and find out what we read, look at these…