Spicy Garlic and zesty lime come together beautifully to create a flavor you won’t soon forget. This Garlic Lime Chicken Breasts Recipe is easy to make, yet super versatile in the way you serve them. What are you waiting for? Fire up that grill!
Garlic Lime Chicken with Avocado Cream Sauce
Spicy Garlic and zesty lime come together beautifully to create a flavor you won't soon forget. Garlic Lime Chicken Breasts are easy to make, yet super versatile in the way you serve them.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp grated lime zest from 1 fresh lime
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 21/2 lbs boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 pkg whole wheat tortillas
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- cilantro, jalapeno peppers, lime slices for garnish
Avocado Cream Sauce
- 1 cup plain, nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 avocado, peeled, pit removed
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- small bunch cilantro
Whisk together oil, lime juice, lime zest, garlic salt and pepper.
Lightly season chicken with salt and pepper. Place in a shallow dish or ziplock bag, pour marinade over and coat. Marinate for at least 30 minutes, and up to 1 day.
Preheat grill to 400-500 degrees. Remove chicken from marinade and grill 5 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
While chicken is grilling, place the yogurt, avocado, lime juice, garlic and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Process on high until smooth.
Remove chicken from the grill, let rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice. Serve on tortillas garnished with lettuce, cilantro, jalapenos and lime wedges, and avocado cream sauce
Check out the post for 10 different ways to serve these, plus pro tips!
Garlic Lime Chicken Breasts Recipe
Don’t miss these~