Cranberry Sauce, made from scratch, compliments Thanksgiving dinner, sandwiches, and much more. This recipe is so easy you’ll never buy canned again!
Jellied Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 12 oz bag fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cups 100% cranberry juice
- 1 cup sugar
- Wash cranberries and discard any that are not ripe.
- Bring the juice to a boil, add cranberries and let them cook 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Crush and strain the berries through a fine mesh sieve, using the bottom of a mason jar, or back of a spoon. (alternatively, you can use a food mill)
- Return the strained berries to the pan and heat until boiling.
- Add sugar and boil for 1 minute.
- Place into a container or mold in the refrigerator. Sauce will set up in a few hours.
Now is the time to stock on cranberries, so buy yourself a few bags of fresh ones and toss them in the freezer. You’ll be ready for Thanksgiving and any other cranberry occasion! 🙂
Looking for more Cranberry inspiration?
Inspiration in your mailbox?
Sign up for my free weekly newsletter and receive a copy of my “Family Favorite” cookbook. (It’s free too!)[mc4wp_form id=”2571″]