This amazing melon strawberry bruschetta recipe is full of fresh fruit, easy to make and the perfect way to welcome summer. This comes together in under 15 minutes, so it’s a fabulous appetizer, snack, or addition to your main dish.
Melon Strawberry Bruschetta
I am a huge proponent of healthy eating. Sure, I indulge once in a while, but overall, I’m pretty passionate about putting things into my body that will benefit it. And my hope is by sharing recipes here, others will be inspired to do the same.
That’s why I’m honored to be partnering with the Produce for Kids Campaign with Meijer to raise funds for Jump with Jill. Produce for Kids is dedicated to educating families on the benefits of healthy eating, providing simple meal solutions and raising money for children’s non-profit organizations.
I’ve worked hard (and continue to do so) to instill healthy eating habits in my kids. There is junk food everywhere! And they sure know how to market it! I came across this fact the other day…
One third of American kids eat fast food everyday (source) .
The experts say that kids are getting 40% of their calories from fast food. Eating junk food results in all kinds of health issues, such as obesity and depression. This makes my heart sad! I’m so grateful for organizations like Produce for Kids that help educate our future generation on healthy eating habits and raise funds for children’s charities.
But how do you make this fabulous Melon Strawberry Bruschetta? It’s a cinch!
It’s as easy as slicing up some fruit, adding some vinegar and oil and topping off a crusty french loaf. I know, sounds delicious, right? My kids gobbled this up, we couldn’t get enough!
Next time your kids ask for some chips or candy, try making this tasty treat for them!
More Kid-Friendly Recipes
This recipe was originally shared at Produce for Kids.
Melon Strawberry Bruschetta
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup watermelon diced
- 1/2 cup cantaloupe diced
- 8 Well-Pict Berries strawberries diced
- 1/2 shallot finely chopped
- 2 Tbs olive oil divided
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 3-5 basil leaves chiffonade (sliced in thin strips)
- 1 loaf french bread sliced into 1/2 inch thick
- Combine fruit, 1 Tbs oil, vinegar and basil and mix well.
- Brush the remaining olive oil on both sides of the slices of french bread.
- Place the bread under the broiler just until toasted and golden.
- Remove the bread from the oven and top with fruit mixture.
Want to jump on board? Since 2013, Produce for Kids has donated $342,823 to Jump with Jill. About 75 schools have been supported through the campaign since fall 2014. And you can help too!
Visit www.produceforkids.com/Meijer for more information on how to support the campaign.
- Dole® Packaged Salads
- Earthbound Farm® Organic Packaged Greens
- Green Giant Fresh Klondike Rose® & Red Potatoes
- Well–Pict Berries® Strawberries
- Marzetti® Refrigerated Salad Dressings
- Real Sweet® Vidalia® Onions
- Grower Direct® California Cherries
- Sunset® Tomatoes on the Vine
- HMC Farms & SunWest Fruit Company
- California Peaches, Plums & Nectarines
Looking for more great recipes? Visit Produce for Kids for more fantastic recipes your kids will love!
Follow Produce for Kids on social media to stay up to date on recipe ideas and healthy eating tips.