Roasted Tomatoes are so delicious. Cooking is amazing that way, you can change the flavor of something simply by cooking it. Roasting tomatoes brings out the sweetness of the fruit. I especially love to do this when tomatoes aren’t in season. Let’s face it, they are so much better during their ‘in season’. Being in Michigan, that season is short. This is a great way to get more flavor out of them. And you can make a big batch, freeze them in ziplock bags, and have them for the ready for several dishes.
I used 8 lbs of tomatoes, but you can really use any amount, just adjust your other ingredients.
Put your tomatoes in a big bowl and add 1/4 cup of olive oil, and mix them up with your hands to spread the oil.
Lay them out on a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Pop them in a preheated 350 degree oven. Bake for about 35-40 minutes, rotating the trays half way through. They are finished when the tomatoes are blistering.
Once they’re cool enough to handle, just dice them up. You can put them in freezer bags in 2 cup portions.
- 8 lbs roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Pour Olive Oil over top and mix with your hands to spread the oil.
- Place on 2 rimmed baking sheets.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, or until tomatoes blister. Rotate pans half way through.
- Once the tomatoes are cool enough to handle, dice them up.
- You can freeze them if desired.