Need an easy weeknight meal with a dash of gourmet? This Rustic Harvest Vegetable Pizza will become your go-to! Better than take out and faster than delivery. Change up the toppings for a new pizza every week!
- 1 pound of mild Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, cut in wedges
- 8 cloves or garlic, peeled and left whole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound of pizza dough (homemade or store bought), rolled and stretched
- 1 jar Prego Farmers' Market® Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves, torn
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Toss the eggplant, squash, sweet potato, onion and garlic with olive oil in a large bowl.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with Itallian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes, or until tender, tossing half way through the cooking time.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Preheat cast iron skillet on the stove on med-high heat.
- Carefully place the dough in the pan.
- When the crust starts to bubble, add the sauce, half the cheese, sausage, roasted vegetables, and tomatoes.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and add the torn basil leaves.
I would love to connect with you! Let’s keep in touch, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for my weekly newsletter! It’s FREE! My subscribers receive a free copy of my “Family Favorites” cookbook as well as other perks!
Looking for more great easy gourmet recipes?
Greek Isle Pizza