Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, salty and tangy, these Salt ‘n’ Vinegar Roasted Potatoes won’t last long at your dinner table! With only 10 minutes prep, these are super simple to make, try them tonight!
Salt ‘n’ Vinegar Roasted Potatoes
Do you ever feel a little lazy in the side dish department? I think I slack off the most in this area. I spend the bulk of my time thinking about the main course, and I tend to put all my efforts there. I’ll end up whipping up some frozen vegetables, or a salad.
Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with that. But, sometimes I just want to change it up a bit and I tend to not plan this part of the meal. Well, I found these little beauties in one of my food magazines and was inspired to try it. I will for sure be making salt ‘n’ vinegar potatoes again!
If you’ve been around here at all, you know I’m in love with Everyday Food Magazine. I had a subscription to it for like 5 years. I found this magazine the most useful out of any that I have subscribed to our looked at. I don’t subscribe to it anymore, as I’m mainly developing my own recipes now, but I have kept them all in my cook book cupboard and I still reference to them.
One of the things I loved about the magazine was that it mostly uses regular ingredients, however, if a recipe called for something a little more unusual, there would be several recipes using that same ingredient, so you didn’t feel like you were buying something just for one recipe.
As I mentioned, this recipe comes from my magazine, I’ve slightly adapted it, if you want to see the original recipe, you can go here.
A few notes…
- I used small round potatoes
- To ‘smash’ the potatoes, I found it easiest to place them on the tray and use a potato masher to press them down. You can also use your hand or a fork. They will be hot, so if you use your hand, you’ll want a towel.
- Malt vinegar can be found by the other vinegars at your local grocery store.
Here you go! 10 minutes prep and an hour to cook, let me know what you think!
- 3 pounds small round potatoes
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- ¼ cup malt vinegar
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan just covered with water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer potatoes 20 minutes. They should be tender, but not falling apart.
- Preheat the oven to 450
- Brush a baking pan with half the olive oil.
- Working with one potato at a time, gently 'smash' it on the pan. The potato should still be in one piece, but the edges will split.
- Once all the potatoes are on the pan, brush the tops with the remaining oil.
- Bake potatoes for 35 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Remove from oven and brush the tops with malt vinegar and season with salt.
Looking for more super simple sides?
Want more fabulous recipes? Join me on Facebook!