Experience take out at home with this easy slow cooker Mongolian beef recipe. Succulent, tender pieces of beef melt in your mouth. So easy to make and takes hardly any time!
Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
You will love the ease of this recipe! And it’s super satisfying as well. I heart my slowcooker!! If you are one of my Trim Healthy Mama friends, there are a few variations you can make. See the notes in the recipe card. 🙂
- 2 lbs thin sliced sirloin beef (often used for fajitas or carne picada)
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled and pressed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 green onions, sliced diagonally
- sesame seeds (for garnishing)
- Sprinkle the meat with the cornstarch and toss to coat.
- Place all ingredients except the green onions and sesame seeds in the slow cooker
- Cook on low for low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4 hours
- Serve over rice and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds
Stew meat works well here too if you want to save time slicing.
On the Trim Healthy Mama plan? Substitute the brown sugar for ½ cup of Truvia or 3-4 Tablespoons Super Sweet Blend, depending on your tastes. And, instead of using the cornstarch, you can use glucomannan. The conversion would be 4 teaspoons, but I think you could get away with 2-3. Just stir it into the sauce.
I would love to connect with you! Let’s keep in touch, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
You can watch the prep for this recipe here!
Love “take out at home”? Check these out…