How many of you are slow cooker fans? I love mine! I use it year round. Great for those set it n forget it meals, great on a hot summer day when you don’t want the kitchen to get too hot. Today I’m sharing a hot tip on how to get that rotisserie like chicken straight from your crock pot.
The key is to not let the chicken sit in the juices that come from cooking. Here’s your tip… are you ready for this?
Cook that baby on low for 6 hours and you’ve got yourself a juicy chicken.
You can put it under the broiler for a few minutes to brown it if you’d like. That would make it prettier. But hey, realistically, if I’m not having company, my family will just have to settle for the un-browned version.
When you are finished eating it, don’t throw the bones or skin away! You can make a delicious broth. I will post a recipe in the near future!
- 1 whole chicken, gizzards removed
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs such as thyme, rosemary, and sage.
- Crumple up 4-5 pieces of foil and place it on the bottom of your slow cooker
- Place the chicken on top.
- Rub the oil to coat the chicken well.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper
- Add fresh herbs
- cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 2-4 hours.