Rice Salad with Peanut Ginger Dressing
Creamy rice, crunchy colorful vegetables, and peanutty dressing.
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups green cabbage
- 2 cups purple cabbage
- 1 cup carrots julienned
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup cashews chopped, plus more for garnish that are whole
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped, for garnish
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp Truvia Spoonable
Rice: Combine rice and coconut milk together in a medium saucepan.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until rice has absorbed all the liquid. Fluff with fork.
Salad: Combine all veggies and toss.
Add chopped cashews.
Dressing: Whisk together oil, vinegar, ginger, soy sauce, peanut butter, coconut milk and Truvia until combined well.
Serve Salad in individual bowls, topped with whole cashews, cilantro and dressing.