Healthy Vegetable Pad Thai
Whole wheat noodles add some nutrition to this healthy vegetarian meal. Crunchy vegetables, savory sauce, and healthy noodles make an easy weeknight meal.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 8 ounces dried wide and flat Asian whole wheat noodles.
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 Tbs freshly squeezed lime juice plus wedges for serving
- 3 Tbs soy sauce
- cayenne pepper to taste optional
- 2 Tsp vegetable oil
- 3 scallions white and green parts separated and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted salted peanuts
Cook the noodles according to package instructions. Drain.
In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, lime juice, and soy sauce
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high.
Add scallion whites and garlic and cook stirring constantly until fragrant, 30 seconds.
Add eggs and cook, scraping skillet with a rubber spatula, until eggs are almost set.
Transfer egg mixture to a plate.
Ad noodles and soy-sauce mixture to skillet; cook, tossing constantly, until noodles are coated with sauce.
Add egg mixture and toss to coat, breaking eggs up gently.
Serve topped with lime wedges, peanuts and cilantro.