Low Carb Meatloaf
This Low Carb Meatloaf is just as meatloaf should be-- tender and moist, soft but never mushy, cuts easily with a fork, but can be picked up without breaking, oozing juices, but not greasy, meaty and savory-- but, in a healthier low carb version!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef 80/20
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion grated
- ½ cup almond flour
- 5 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup fresh parsley chopped, optional garnish
- 1 cup Sugar free barbecue sauce or sugar free ketchup
Preheat the oven to 350°
Place the ground beef, almond flour, onion, garlic, eggs, tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce, salt and Italian seasoning in the bowl of a stand mixer.
Using the paddle attachment, turn the mixer to ‘stir’ and mix until everything is well combined.
NOTE: If you don’t have a stand mixer, use your hands to mix everything well.
Put the meat in a 9 ½ x 4 ½ x 2 ½ loaf pan and press in a bit so it fills the pan.
Brush with barbecue sauce.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and add more sauce to the top, brushing is on evenly. Return to the oven for another 30-35 minutes.
Remove from the oven, let stand for 10 minutes. Garnish with extra sauce and parsley if you desire.
- The meat will shrink slightly as it bakes, so you may notice it has pulled away from the pan when you take it out of the oven.
- If you notice a lot excess juice has developed in the bottom of the pan you can use a turkey baster to suck some of that liquid out.
- Not looking for low carb? Just sub out the Almond flour for bread crumbs, and use regular ketchup or barbecue sauce.
- Ground Turkey is also delicious in this recipe
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 148mg | Sodium: 675mg | Potassium: 731mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 608IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 5mg