Pomegranate Ice Cream
Bold flavor that's tart and sweet.
- 1/2 cup pomegranate reduction see the notes for how to make reduction
- 2 cups heavy cream or a combination of cream, half & half and/or milk
- pomegranate arils seeds for garnish
In a pitcher, add pomegranate reduction and heavy cream, stir to combine.
Add the mixture to the ice cream maker. Follow the manufacturer's instructions to churn the ice cream.
After churning, it will be soft serve consistency. Either serve right away, or place in a container and cover and store in your freezer. It will firm up more after chilling for a couple of hours.
To serve, scoop into dishes and garnish with pomegranate arils.
To make the pomegranate reduction:
You only need 1/2 cup of the reduction for this recipe. Use the left overs in salad dressing, drizzled over vegetables, drizzled over ice cream or other fruit desserts, add some to your coffee or hot chocolate.
- In a small sauce pan, combine 4 cups 100% pomegranate juice, 1/2 cup of sugar, and 1/4 cup lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- Bring it to a simmer, let it continue to simmer until the mixture is reduced to about half. It will thicken to a syrup consistency and coat a spoon. It takes about an hour.
- Cool completely and store in a covered container or jar in the refrigerator.
Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 32mg | Potassium: 104mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1166IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 54mg