A flavorful chili made with extra veggies and no meat. A bowl full of comfort.
Servings 8 people
- 2 cups prepared Kidney beans
- 2 cups prepared Black beans
- 2 cups prepared Cranberry beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 orange bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 5 cloves garlic crushed in a garlic press
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teapsoon Ghirardelli cocoa powder unsweetened
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
Saute onions and peppers over medium high heat in 1-2 teaspoon olive oil.
Once the veggies have sauteed for about 5 minutes, add everything else into the pot.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 min or longer as needed.
If using canned beans, rinse well.
Sauteeing the vegetables is optional, but gives a richer flavor.
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 720mg | Potassium: 909mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1557IU | Vitamin C: 54mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 5mg