Peppermint Bark Popcorn
Crunchy Popcorn meets dark and white chocolate with crushed peppermint for a quick and easy holiday treat that everyone will devour!
- 8 cups popped corn
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips or your favorite
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peppermint sticks crushed
Spread popcorn evenly on to a large rimmed baking sheet.
Put the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, heat in the microwave in 20 second increments, stirring after each increment, until fully melted.
Transfer to a measuring cup with a spout, and drizzle over popcorn.
Sprinkle half of the crushed peppermint over the popcorn.
Repeat steps 2-4 with the white chocolate chips and the other half of the peppermint.
Let the popcorn sit until the chocolate is set. If you're in a hurry, place it in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
Once set, break into pieces and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days.
- Melting the chocolates separately gives optimum drizzling consistency. So melt just before using it. If it sits for too long it will be gloppy.
- Adjust the amount of crushed peppermint to your taste.
- It's important to add the crushed peppermint right after the chocolate, this makes it stick.
- If you're adding any other variations (ideas in the post) add those before the chocolate hardens as well.
- The recipe doubles and triples easily. You'll just need more baking sheets so the popcorn is evenly spread out.
Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 16mg | Potassium: 152mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 26IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg