Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
The easiest way to cook spaghetti squash is in the instant pot or electric pressure cooker. It requires zero prep and comes out tender so it's easy to cut and remove the seeds. Spaghetti Squash makes an excellent base for so many dishes.
- 1 4 lb Spaghetti Squash
- 1 cup water
Pierce the squash a dozen times or more with the pairing knife. Cuts should be 1/2 inch.
Pour the water into the inner pot of the instant pot.
Place the steamer basket or trivet in the inner pot.
Put the whole spaghetti squash in the basket.
Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
Use quick release by carefully moving the sealing knob to the vent position allowing steam to release.
Remove the cover, and let the squash rest for at least 10 minutes before cutting into it.
Cut in half, remove seeds, and shred with a fork.
- 1 cup of water is for a 6 qt instant pot, if using an 8 quart, then use 1 1/2 cups of water.
- For Al Dente' cook for 15 minutes. For a more tender result, cook for 20 minutes.
- I used a four pound squash, and it just fit. You can certainly use a smaller one.
- Using a steamer basket makes removing the hot squash a breeze! If you don't have a steamer basket, be sure to place the squash on the trivet that your instant post came with. It needs to not sit in the water.
- It's important to let the squash stand for 10 minutes before cutting into it.
- For long strands, cut the squash crosswise, remove the seeds, and then shred. For shorter strands, cut lengthwise, remove the seeds, and shred.
Calories: 1kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Sugar: 1g