Greek Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
Tender pieces of chicken glazed in olive oil, lemon, and herbs, roasted with onions, peppers and tomatoes. Stuff it all in a whole wheat pita and top it with some Feta Cheese. An easy dinner in under 30 minutes!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 orang bell pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved multi colored, optional
- 6 pitas, sliced in half
- 4 oz feta cheese
- fresh parsley, chopped, optional garnish
- lemon slices, optional garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt & pepper and whisk well.
Place chicken and vegetables on a sheet pan and distribute evenly so as not to crowd.
Drizzle half the oil mixture over the chicken and vegetables, toss to coat, and then drizzle the remaining half, making sure everything is well covered.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve inside pita bread and top with Feta and parsley. Alternatively, serve over rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice.