Garlic Lime Chicken with Avocado Cream Sauce
Spicy Garlic and zesty lime come together beautifully to create a flavor you won't soon forget. Garlic Lime Chicken Breasts are easy to make, yet super versatile in the way you serve them.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp grated lime zest from 1 fresh lime
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 21/2 lbs boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 pkg whole wheat tortillas
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- cilantro, jalapeno peppers, lime slices for garnish
Avocado Cream Sauce
- 1 cup plain, nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 avocado, peeled, pit removed
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- small bunch cilantro
Whisk together oil, lime juice, lime zest, garlic salt and pepper.
Lightly season chicken with salt and pepper. Place in a shallow dish or ziplock bag, pour marinade over and coat. Marinate for at least 30 minutes, and up to 1 day.
Preheat grill to 400-500 degrees. Remove chicken from marinade and grill 5 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
While chicken is grilling, place the yogurt, avocado, lime juice, garlic and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Process on high until smooth.
Remove chicken from the grill, let rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice. Serve on tortillas garnished with lettuce, cilantro, jalapenos and lime wedges, and avocado cream sauce