Spicy Garlic and zesty lime come together beautifully to create a flavor you won’t soon forget. Garlic Lime Chicken Breasts are easy to make, yet super versatile in the way you serve them. What are you waiting for? Fire up that grill!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Summer Grilling Series
Summer is coming to an end. 🙁 I may have mentioned before (like a gazillion times) that it’s my favorite season. Luckily, even with the temperatures beginning to cool, it’s still grilling season at our house for a bit yet.
I think you’ll love todays grilling recipe. These Garlic Lime Chicken Breasts are super easy. It’s another marinade that comes together in a few minutes. Let the chicken soak in the goodness all day while you go on about your business.
Garlic Lime Chicken Breasts
When you’re ready to eat… fire up that grill. The cook time is only about 10 minutes unless your chicken breasts are super thick. I typically fillet mine, and that helps them cook more evenly. Here are some tips for grilling perfection.
You can also prep the marinade, toss it all together on the chicken in a zip lock bag and freeze it for a later date. Let it thaw in the fridge, and walaah! Dinner is made. I come from a family of Magicians, you’d think I could use a better word that ‘wa-laah’. Abracadabra? Presto? What’s your favorite magic word? 😀
- Make a double batch, cook one, freeze one. A great way to stock your freezer!
- Cook extra for lunches during the week
- Cook extra, then freeze it to eat later. Let it thaw and warm up for a quick lunch/dinner.
Garlic Lime Chicken 10 ways
We sliced the chicken breasts up and ate them on a whole wheat tortilla topped with a delicious creamy avocado sauce (recipe included!). If you use pro tip #2 and #3 above, here’s some ways to serve it.
- As is, fresh off the grill
- Main dish salad (love the dressing here)
- Rice Salad
- Mason jar salad for on the go
- Burrito bowls over rice/quinoa/cauli-rice
- Over pasta or zucchini noodles
- Skewers or Kebabs
- Stir Fry
How to cook Garlic Lime Chicken Breasts
As grilling season comes to a close, don’t think you can’t still make this. I did mention versatility, didn’t I? 😉 You can grill indoors on a grill pan. Or, cook it one of these ways:
Let’s Get Cooking!
Garlic Lime Chicken with Avocado Cream Sauce
Spicy Garlic and zesty lime come together beautifully to create a flavor you won't soon forget. Garlic Lime Chicken Breasts are easy to make, yet super versatile in the way you serve them.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp grated lime zest from 1 fresh lime
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 21/2 lbs boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 pkg whole wheat tortillas
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- cilantro, jalapeno peppers, lime slices for garnish
Avocado Cream Sauce
- 1 cup plain, nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 avocado, peeled, pit removed
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- small bunch cilantro
Whisk together oil, lime juice, lime zest, garlic salt and pepper.
Lightly season chicken with salt and pepper. Place in a shallow dish or ziplock bag, pour marinade over and coat. Marinate for at least 30 minutes, and up to 1 day.
Preheat grill to 400-500 degrees. Remove chicken from marinade and grill 5 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
While chicken is grilling, place the yogurt, avocado, lime juice, garlic and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Process on high until smooth.
Remove chicken from the grill, let rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice. Serve on tortillas garnished with lettuce, cilantro, jalapenos and lime wedges, and avocado cream sauce
Don’t miss these~