This appetizer brings a whole new meaning to the term "grilled cheese". It's warm, oozy, with a hint of that smoky grill flavor. Read on to learn how to grill brie.
I'm proud to be partnering with Milk Means More to bring you this delicious recipe.
All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting our local dairy farmers.
Summer Grilling Series
Welcome back to the Summer Grilling Series. Summer is going by way to quickly. It always does for me, it's my season. I actually just returned from Florida with my family for a vacation. When I left it was summer, when I came home it was all "back to school".
Yet, I'm savoring summer until the very last minute! The grill recipes are still coming, and I'm super excited to share this one with you.
Have you ever had grilled cheese? I'm not talking a sandwich here, I'm talking where you actually put the cheese on the grill. Seems kind of challenging doesn't it? Well, I'm here to tell ya, it can be done! And it's heavenly!
Grilled cheese sandwiches are one of those ultimate comfort foods, right? But in the summer we tend to shy away from heating up the kitchen. That's why this grilled brie is perfecto! All the comfort of ooey gooey cheesy heavenliness on the back deck.
This is one of the easiest appetizers to make. It literally takes less than 6 minutes. Hot brie is so much better than cold brie... in my opinion.
I've topped this off with peaches, honey, and balsamic reduction. The combination is DIVINE! Speaking of peaches, I love to freeze them to enjoy the taste of summer all year long!
One of the things that makes me so happy--besides cheese--is the health benefits. Dairy is a great source of protein and calcium. To grab some more nutrition info, visit Milk Means More.
Pro Tips on How to Grill Brie
- Make sure the brie is fully covered in the rind, otherwise it will leak out. You can also grill other cheeses that have a nice thick rind like the brie.
- Make sure the grill is preheated and hot, about 450 degrees.
- Use indirect heat ~ if using charcoal, build your fire off to the side and place the cheese on the other side so it's not directly getting hit. If you're using a gas grill, Just heat up one side of the grill and use the other side to grill the brie.
- Use a little olive oil on the rind to prevent sticking.
More Grilling recipes
Grilled Brie with peaches, honey and balsamic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 wheel Brie cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon balsamic reduction (see notes)
- 1 peach, diced
- Crackers, baguette, fruit for serving
- Preheat grill to 450.
- spread olive oil over the rind of the wheel of Brie
- Place brie on the grill over indirect heat (not directly above the heat source). Close the lid, grill for 2 minutes.
- Flip the brie to grill the opposite side, add diced peaches to the top, close lid and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Remove the brie from the grill. Drizzle with honey and balsamic reduction. Enjoy with crackers, baguette, and fruit.
There you go! Now you know how to grill brie. Want to learn another skill? Let me know and I'll post it. 🙂
Love cheesy deliciousness? Check out these: