Living a low carb life? Try this Thai peanut baked spaghetti squash recipe! It’s a delicious alternative to pasta any day!
Are you looking for a lower carb option to pasta? If so, I’ve got a recipe for you!
For a couple years now, we’ve been on the low carb kick. And when I say “low carb” I mean low in white starchy carbs, and still eating healthy carbs.
Truly almost no white flour, white rice, white potatoes, pasta…
We used to have pasta once a week. The kids love it, and honestly, their bodies can totally handle it. (This butternut squash tortellini– to die for!)
In order to make meals friendly for everyone involved, I’ve been trying to get a little more creative in the kitchen.
That’s where the inspiration came from for this baked spaghetti squash recipe. We also really like Asian food. My husband actually lived in Japan for awhile.
Low carb + Asian flavors = delicious!
Not only is it delicious, but bonus~ it’s good for you!
Sometimes we can cut things out of our diet in an attempt to be healthier, but if you’re not putting good things into your diet as well, you’re not going to make much progress.
This baked spaghetti squash recipe is packed with vegetables which as you know are nutritious, not to mention fabulous flavor. It’s a win win all the way around!!
- Slice the squash into rounds in order to get longer ‘noodles’. Like this:
- Salt the squash on both sides and let it sit for about 20-30 minutes before baking This extracts some of the water, then blot it off.
- Slice vegetables ahead of time to make dinner come together in a snap.
Baked Spaghetti Squash Recipe
This comes together in three easy steps
- Bake the squash and pull it apart.
- Prepare the sauce by whisking all the ingredients together, and slice and dice the veggies.
- Combine it all together! Detailed instructions are below
Spagetti Squash Thai Style
- 2 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin lengthwise
- ½ lb snap peas sliced thin, lengthwise
- 1 carrot sliced thin
- ¼ cup chives finely chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbs honey
- ¼ tsp siracha sauce more if desired
Slice the squash into rounds.
Salt both sides and place on a baking rack for about 20 minutes. Blot with paper towels. (this step can be eliminated if desired)
Bake at 375 for 40-50 minutes, or until squash is fork tender.
When cool enough to handle, remove skin and pull squash apart into 'noodles'
While the squash is baking, slice vegetables and prepare sauce.
Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, rice vinegar, peanut butter, honey, garlic and siracha in a bowl. Mix well.
Place 'noodles' in a large pan over medium-low heat. Add sliced vegetables and sauce. Stir to combine.
Enjoy your easy to make, delicious low carb “spaghetti”.
Looking for spaghetti squash ideas? Check out these~