Hey friends! School has started, football season is underway, and it’s a time of new routines. The relaxed pace of summer living has passed us by once again and the schedules are full. This is a season where I need easy meals on the table fast! But, still delicious and nourishing. These Baked Ham and Cheese Soft Pretzel Sliders are a perfect fit.
Baked Ham and Cheese Soft Pretzel Sliders
So how are you friends? I know you haven’t seen as much of me lately. I’ve been sipping Strawberry Mojitos by the pool, and camping, and traveling a bit. But now that we are back in the swing of things–at least trying to be, you will see once again more frequent recipes.
Baked Ham and Cheese Soft Pretzel Sliders is seriously one of the easiest meals we make. Sometimes I’ll whip this up on a Saturday night when I’m all out of cooking motivation because it comes together so quickly. It’s also wonderful for a weeknight meal that you’re squeezing in between practices and homework.
Additionally, it’s excellent for that Super bowl party, or any gathering for that matter. This is one of the most versatile any time of the year type recipes. Oh, and did I mention it is loved by all?
I think what really makes this recipe stand out is the pretzel buns. They’re warm and soft on the top, and the bottom gets just a slight crisp edge from the sizzling butter. Yeah, did I mention this recipe calls for some serious buttah?
Hey, I never said this was the healthiest recipe, okay? But it’s really not all that bad. You still need some fat in your diet.
Here we go, are you ready? This might take you all of 10 minutes to prepare. Then just pop it in the oven and bake it until it’s warm and bubbly.
And there it is! Happy Weekend!
- 12 pretzel buns, sliced
- 12 slices deli ham
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- 1 stick of butter
- 2-3 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Layer ham and cheese on the bottom half of each pretzel bun, and place the top half on top.
- Place the sandwiches in a 9 x 13 inch pan. They will fit tightly.
- Melt the butter.
- Add the diced onion, mustard, and honey to the melted butter and stir well.
- Pour the butter mixture over the top, distributing it evenly over each of the sandwiches.
- Sprinkle the poppy seeds over the sandwiches.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes until warmed through and bubbling.
- Remove foil and serve immediately
You could also substitute dried minced onion for the fresh diced onion. But use half the amount.