Need a super easy and delicious way to start the day this back to school season? This Banana Split Breakfast Parfait will set you up for success! Made with protein packed Greek yogurt, bananas, anti-oxidant berries, and topped with toasted oats, you'll be ready to take on the day!
Banana Split Breakfast Parfait
Your kids are going to love you, even more, when you serve this up for breakfast! Doesn't this look amazing? They're going to think you are serving them dessert!! Sometimes, you just have to be the hero, right? Shhh, they'll never know it's healthy.
So, are you ready for the Back to School Season? This time of year brings a fresh start and new routines. I always get the urge to re-organize after a season of summer livin'! However, no matter the season, wherever I go, it seems one of the most stressful things for people is getting meals on the table. And that's why I'm here! I'd love to help, one recipe at a time. 🙂
It's so easy
Another thing that's so fantastic about the Banana Split Breakfast Parfait is how super easy it is to make. You can even make them the night before so that the kids (and the husband, and yourself) can help themselves to it in the morning. One less thing to do in the morning makes a a more peaceful home.
Go Bananas for Oats!
We love oats at our house. They are an incredibly versatile whole grain. I love Bob's Red Mill because they're freshly milled from the highest quality oats available.
There are so many ways to prepare them and they're exceptionally good for you. For this recipe, I simply toasted them with some coconut flakes, cinnamon and vanilla. Toasting the oats gives them a little crunch and a warm nutty flavor. It really takes the parfait to a whole new level!
Here's a quick overview of the recipe, but scroll down for the printable recipe card!
What you need~
- Bob's Red Mill Old Fashioned rolled oats
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- ground cinnamon
- vanilla extract
- Greek yogurt
- fresh berries
What to do~
- Toast the oats and coconut with cinnamon and vanilla
- Layer the parfaits~ bananas, yogurt, berries, yogurt, toasted oats.
- I went the extra mile in this recipe and made my own strawberry yogurt by blending plain Greek yogurt with some frozen strawberries and a touch of honey. However, you can easily just use strawberry Greek yogurt if you don't want to do that extra step.
See how easy that is? I know my kids are going to be so excited to wake up to these on their first day of school--and many days after!
More recipes using oatmeal:
Banana Split Breakfast Parfait
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill rolled oats
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 1 teaspoon of honey or sweetener of choice
- 1 large banana sliced
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup fresh blackberries
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- Prepare the oats: Combine the vanilla extract with the ground cinnamon and mix well.
- Place the oats and coconut flakes in a medium size skillet over medium heat.
- After 5 minutes or so, pour the vanilla/cinnamon mixture over the oats and mix well.
- Stir occasionally until the oats are golden. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the greek yogurt and strawberries in a high powered blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Build the parfaits by layering bananas, yogurt, black berries, yogurt, raspberries, yogurt, blueberries and yogurt in a glass or mason jar.
- Top with toasted oats and enjoy!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.