Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
Nothing says "fall" like these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. Moist, soft, and full of pumpkin flavor!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or substitute applesauce for this too
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups pumpkin puree homemade is what I use, canned is fine
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces semisweet mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 400.
Mix first 5 ingredients together;
separately, mix dry ingredients.
Blend the two mixtures together.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Generously fill 24 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. (No need to grease if you're using silicone muffin trays
Bake at 400 degrees for 16-20 minutes.
I use coconut oil and applesauce to 'lighten' it up. If you want them even lighter, you can substitute applesauce for all the fats. Make sure it's unsweetened.
I use homemade pumpkin puree in this recipe, but canned is fine too. Make sure it's pure pumpkin, not pie filling. (here's a link to homemade pumpkin puree--https://www.artfrommytable.com/how-to-make-pumpkin-puree/)