Bacon Wrapped Apricots
Sizzling with salty-sweet flavors and savory sage, this Bacon Wrapped Apricots appetizer only takes four ingredients and about thirty minutes to add a little “wow” to any gathering.
Prep Time 10 minutes minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes minutes
Total Time 35 minutes minutes
Servings 24 apricot bites
Rimmed baking sheet
parchment paper or foil
- 24 small fresh sage leaves
- 24 large dried apricots
- 8 slices bacon cut crosswise into thirds
- 2 tbs pure maple syrup
Heat oven to 375.
Place a sage leaf on each apricot, wrap with a pice of bacon, and place seam-side down on a baking sheet.
Bake until the bacon is beginning to crisp, 10 or so minutes per side. Oven's vary, so keep checking it.
Remove from oven and brush with the maple syrup.
Serve with toothpicks.
- These can be made ahead of time. Wrap apricots and sage with bacon, flash freeze.
- After frozen place in a freezer bag.
- To bake from frozen, follow the same baking instructions, but increase the baking time by 5-10 minutes.
- If you are concerned about the bacon coming undone, you can secure the bacon with a toothpick after you wrap it. I don't have an issue with this, but it's an option.
- If you don't have maple syrup, you can use honey as a substitute, it will have a different flavor, but it's still that touch of sweet and still delicious.
- Turning these half way through the cooking time is optional. One side will definitely become darker (the bottom) if you don't turn them.
- Before lining your pan with parchment paper, crumple it up, then straighten it again, this makes it much more pliable and easy to use.
Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 99mg | Potassium: 222mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 595IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 0.5mg