sweet cherries, tangly lime and zippy jalapenos make a perfect cherry salsa for just about anything!
1 medium mixing bowl
1 sharp chef's knife
1 cherry pitter optional
1 citrus press optional
- 2 cups sweet cherries pitted
- ½ medium jalapeno seeded, ribs removed (for more heat add more with the seeds and ribs)
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A cherry pitter is helpful. If you don't have one, use your knife to cut around the cherry, remove the pit with your fingers, and proceed to chop the cherries.
- A citrus press is a quick and easy way to juice the limes.
- Adjust heat by leaving or omitting the ribs and seeds of the jalapeños. Leaving ribs and seeds adds heat, removing ribs and seeds lessens heat.
- If you like a less chunky more juicy salsa, pop all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until you have your desired consistency.
Calories: 32kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 112mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 87IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg