Cherry Salsa is a blend of amazing sweet cherries, tangy lime, and kickin’ jalapeños! This sweet and spicy blend tastes incredible! Serve it on pork, chicken, steak, and of course tortilla chips.
Need a quick and easy dinner? This cherry salsa has only 5 ingredients and you can put it on almost anything! Another weeknight meal in only 30 minutes!
Hey friends! Are you enjoying summer? Why does it always go so fast?? We’ve not only been enjoying the sunshine, but we’ve been enjoying summer’s bounty as well! It’s cherry season!
Actually, it’s almost over. It’s so short, so we just have to make the most of it. We almost missed it! I got the kids (mine plus one) all packed up in the car, with our containers and our dark colored clothes on. I made them all wear jeans and long sleeves because last year, there were so many bugs, I thought I was in the plague! Thankfully, no bugs this year.
On our way to our usual place, we learned that they had NO MORE CHERRIES to pick. So, I thought, well, I guess I’ll just buy them. But as we were arriving, I remembered there is another orchard, practically next door. Oh, why not? let’s just go see, and, compare prices (being the good dutch girl I am). And wouldn’t you know it?! They had tons to pick! And, 3 varieties!
So, yeah, 63.5 pounds later…
I had no idea we had that much. I thought we had about half that. So, you can just imagine what I’ve been doing lately. PITTING CHERRIES! all. day. long. 🙂 And cooking up a cherry storm. So, you can plan on seeing a few cherry recipes coming your way. And this one, is the first…
What you need~
- Cherries, pitted and chopped
- jalapeño, finely diced
- red onion, diced
- cilantro, chopped
- fresh squeezed lime juice
- salt & pepper to taste
What to do~
- Mix it all together!
How easy was that?? Your family will think you took gourmet cooking lessons! And they’ll thank you.
- We have people in our family who can’t handle the heat. So, this is a mild version. Add the whole jalapeño to take it up a notch. And if you really want to turn it up, keep the ribs and seeds in there.
- I have the a cherry pitter that screws onto a jar. I purchased it from an cherry orchard many years ago. I can’t find one like this on amazon.
- Here are some other great cherry pitters. After 63 pounds, I think I need to upgrade!
What’s your favorite summer fruit? And please, drop a line and tell me what yer makin’!
- 2 cups sweet cherries pitted
- 1/2 medium jalapeno seeded, ribs removed (for more heat add more with the seeds and ribs)
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients together and stir.
Adjust to taste.
Looking for more ways to use summer fruit? Check out these posts!
I’d love to connect with you! You can find me on Facebook here.
If you’d like to get delicious recipes delivered to your inbox, sign up here! It’s FREE!