This tasty eggnog dip is another way to enjoy this classic flavor this holiday season. Cream cheese, eggnog and warm spices blended to make a tasty snack anytime of the day. Or, bring it to your next party.
Eating seasonally is one of the things I enjoy about being in the great mitten state. And then there are those things that scream "holiday". Eggnog is one of those things. We just can't get enough of it around here. Have you seen my Eggnog French Toast recipe yet?
My kids have been begging me to buy the eggnog, then they beg me to drink it! Eggnog dip is a fun and different way to enjoy this classic holiday treat.
This recipe comes together in a snap. Need a quick and easy appetizer for your next gathering? Try this recipe, you won't be disappointed!
If you like a more savory appetizer, try Bacon Wrapped Apricots, they are the hit of the party every single time! But back to the eggnog dip...
Just mix the cream cheese, nutmeg, cinnamon, and of course eggnog together. But don't forget the secret ingredient...
Can you see it? Of course not, because it's secret and invisible. But, not to your taste buds. Add a smidge of almond extract to intensify the flavor and add a little extra something.
This dip did not last long around here. My kids gobbled it right up. You can serve this with so many things. We love it with fruit, biscotti, graham crackers and these fun Italian waffle cookies that I found at Aldi's.
What are you waiting for? Whip up some of this up today! Serve it at your next holiday party, or surprise the kids with an after school snack that's out of their norm. It will take you no time at all!
What about you do you have a favorite holiday flavor?
More great holiday recipes
- Peppermint Bark Popcorn
- Peppermint White Russian Mocktail
- Eggnog French Toast
- Cranberry Moscow Mule Mocktail
Egg Nog Dip
- immersion blender or hand mixer
- 1 block of cream cheese
- ½ cup egg nog I like organic
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg plus more for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Combine cream cheese, egg nog, cinnamon, nutmeg and almond extract into a medium size bowl.
- Begin to mix it with a fork. Once it is starting to come together you can switch to an immersion blender or hand mixer to mix really well and get all lumps out.
- Place dip in a serving container and garnish with nutmeg if desired.
- Serve with sliced apples, biscotti, graham crackers or desired snack.