Packed with anti-oxidant berries, greek yogurt and spinach, this berry blast smoothie will start your day off right!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Berry Blast Smoothie
Christmas is officially over and this is the week we're finishing up those left over goodies, but in our mind we're thinking-- this madness has to stop! Berry Blast Smoothie to the rescue.
Anyone else? Feeling a little thick?
The New Year brings a a fresh start and a new mindset, and often people are making adjustments to their eating habits. But at our house Smoothies don't happen just in January, nor do they happen just in the summer when the fruit is at it's peak.
Smoothies happen year round in my house. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack, it's always a good time for a smoothie! This triple berry smoothie is exactly what you need for a great tasting snack (or meal) and it's loaded with nutrients.
Okay, so we don't typically have smoothies for dinner, but this one? You totally could! Truly any of my smoothies would be great for dinner, because I pack them full of good-for-you ingredients.
But, as much as I love smoothies, I do like to eat my dinner, rather than drink it. Dessert though? For sure. I used to bribe my kids to eat their dinner by telling them we had dessert, which was actually a smoothie or fruit.
I know, I'm so sneaky. LOL. They didn't know it was healthy! It was sweet! I don't need to bribe them anymore though, they are all fantastic eaters! They are eating me out of house and home, and they're not even teenagers!!!
Popeye was on to something...
As you know, berries are powerful superfoods. They are rich in nutrients and anti-oxidants. In addition to that, I've snuck some spinach in. What?! Spinach?!
Yes! Spinach, also a superfood, is low in calories, is important in skin, hair, bone health, and provides protein, iron, vitamins, and minerals. And you won't even taste it.
Even if you don't care about all that health information, you will care how great this smoothie tastes!
Tips & Tricks for Smoothies
- You can substitute your milk of choice (regular, coconut, etc).
- Sweeten with 100% pineapple juice (or just pineapple) instead of sugar.
- You can use frozen fruit instead of fresh, just eliminate the ice cubes.
- Use more milk if you like a thinner smoothie, less for a thicker one. This also depends on how much of your fruit is fresh or frozen.
- Any blender will do, but I use the Vitamix. I can't even tell you how much I love that thing. It's good for way more than just smoothies. 🙂
Berry Blast Smoothie
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Almond Milk
- 1 scoop 100% whey isolate protein powder
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup blackberries
- 2 slices fresh pineapple canned works too
- 1 banana
- 1 cup loosely packed spinach
- 5-6 ice cubes
- Add all ingredients in order to the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
Love smoothies? Grab my Super Smoothies Cookbook! Click on the image!
Looking for more Smoothies?
Nutty Orange Smoothie
Don't want to miss a thing?