Cranberry Sauce, made from scratch, compliments Thanksgiving dinner, sandwiches, and much more. This recipe is so easy you’ll never buy canned again! Check out the video!! (just above this paragraph!)
Jellied Cranberry Sauce
Making your own cranberry sauce is really quite easy!
And you only need a few ingredients:
- 100% cranberry juice
Jellied Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- sauce pan
- fine mesh sieve
- wooden spoon
- jam jars
- 1 12 oz bag fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cups 100% cranberry juice
- 1 cup sugar
- Wash cranberries and discard any that are not ripe.
- Bring the juice to a boil, add cranberries and let them cook 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Crush and strain the berries through a fine mesh sieve, using the bottom of a mason jar, or back of a spoon. (alternatively, you can use a food mill)
- Return the strained berries to the pan and heat until boiling.
- Add sugar and boil for 1 minute.
- Place into a container or mold in the refrigerator. Sauce will set up in a few hours.
Inspiration in your mailbox?
Sign up for my free weekly newsletter and receive a copy of my “Family Favorite” cookbook. (It’s free too!)