The missing ingredient
Well, everyone loves this bread, so they always ask me for the recipe. And when I tell them, they without fail say to me "and eggs right? you forgot to write down the eggs", or, "how many eggs?" No people! There are no eggs in this bread! I know you can't believe it, so you are just going to have to try it for yourself. I promise you, you won't miss it!
best banana bread ever!
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed bananas about 3 bananas
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- Turbinado sugar optional for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium sized bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and ground cinnamon, make a well.
- In a separate bowl combine the sugar, mashed bananas and applesauce.
- Pour the banana mixture into the well of the first bowl
- Stir just until moist.
- Pour into greased pan.
- Sprinkle turbinado sugar on top (if using)
- Bake 50-55 min.
Don't want to miss a single recipe? Sign up for my FREE newsletter and you'll get delicious dishes delivered straight to your inbox plus my FREE eCookbook! What are you waiting for? Sign up today. 🙂