Guilt free cookies for breakfast! These breakfast cookies are made with whole grains, bananas, nuts, coconut and a tiny bit of dark chocolate. Gluten free, sugar free and egg free! A cookie you can feel good about eating. Go ahead and have two!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Cookies for Breakfast?
How to make Breakfast cookies
I love this recipe because it super easy and doesn’t take a lot of time to put together. If you got up a little bit earlier, you could whip this together.
We also eat them as a healthy snack, and I’ve even made them ahead and enjoyed the next day. They are best when they’re warm though.
Step One: Gather your ingredients, mash up the bananas, and warm the coconut oil
Step Two: Stir it all together. Really, just throw it all in a big bowl and stir so everything is mixed well.
Step Three: Roll and bake! Take a small handful and roll the “dough” into a ball, place it on your baking sheet and just flatten a touch. They go in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Notes about breakfast cookies
- Don’t have 3 bananas? Use two.
- Don’t have coconut oil? Use Olive Oil or Avocado oil. I’ve had to make adjustments sometimes, and they always turn out.
- Ovens do vary, mine always go for 15 minutes and they are perfectly golden on the bottom. But you may need a little more or less time
- Try some different add ins, like dried cherries or dried cranberries or dried apples.
- If you don’t have almond meal, you can grind up whole almonds in a blender or food processor until they are closer to an almond meal texture. Some chunks are okay, but mostly ground.
Your shares are how this site grows and I appreciate each one. Do you know someone who would enjoy this recipe?
I’d love it if you would share it on Facebook or on your favorite Pinterest board! AND…if you like this recipe, please do me a favor and give it a 5-star rating!
These Healthy Breakfast Cookies are adapted from Bread & Wine by Shauna Niequist.
- 3 ripe bananas mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil you want it liquid, so warm it if you need to
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
- Add coconut oil and vanilla and stir.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Form the dough into 12 balls on a parchment lined baking sheet and flatten them a little bit.
- Bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes.
To Make Breakfast Cookies, you may need:
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of Art From My Table