Naturally Green Shamrock Shake
Cool, Creamy, Minty, Refreshing! This homemade shamrock shake recipe is naturally green, and has only 3 ingredients and no preservatives! You're 5 minutes away from a delicious St. Patricks Day treat!
- 3 cups natural vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup milk more or less depending on how thick you like it
- 1 cup Fresh mint leaves stems removed, loosley packed
- ½ teaspoon pure mint extract
- real whipped cream and homemade chocolate syrup for topping.
Place ice cream, milk, mint leaves, and mint extract into a high-speed blender.
Blend until smooth.
Pour into a glass and garnish with any of the following: whipped cream, shaved chocolate, chocolate syrup, strawberries
- Add more or less milk, depending on the thickness you like
- If you don't have a high speed blender, like a vitamix, it can take a couple of minutes to really blend up the leaves, don't worry, it will get there!
- If you don't have mint extract, you can use peppermint, but use half the amount.
- For more subtle mint, leave the extract out completely.
- Makes 2 large shakes, to fill milk shake glasses, or, several smaller shakes. (about 4 cups total depending on the amount of milk
Calories: 470kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 217mg | Potassium: 715mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 48g | Vitamin A: 2039IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 458mg | Iron: 1mg