Healthy Vegetable Pad Thai
Whole wheat noodles add some nutrition to this healthy vegetarian meal. Crunchy vegetables, savory sauce, and healthy noodles make an easy weeknight meal.
- 8 ounces dried wide and flat Asian whole wheat noodles.
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 Tbs freshly squeezed lime juice plus wedges for serving
- 3 Tbs soy sauce
- cayenne pepper to taste optional
- 2 Tsp vegetable oil
- 3 scallions white and green parts separated and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts chopped
Cook the noodles according to package instructions. Drain.
In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, lime juice, and soy sauce
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high.
Add scallion whites and garlic and cook stirring constantly until fragrant, 30 seconds.
Add eggs and cook, scraping skillet with a rubber spatula, until eggs are almost set.
Transfer egg mixture to a plate.
Ad noodles and soy-sauce mixture to skillet; cook, tossing constantly, until noodles are coated with sauce.
Add egg mixture and toss to coat, breaking eggs up gently.
Serve topped with lime wedges, peanuts and cilantro.
Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 835mg | Potassium: 772mg | Fiber: 24g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 3689IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 972mg | Iron: 17mg