- Add chicken, or other vegetables to beef it up. Or... beef, actually, to beef it up. 🙂
- I use these whole wheat noodles for some added nutrition, but you can use traditional rice noodles as well.
- I double this recipe for my family of six and then we have some left overs.
More Asian inspired recipes
Healthy Vegetable Pad Thai
- 8 ounces dried wide and flat Asian whole wheat noodles.
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 Tbs freshly squeezed lime juice plus wedges for serving
- 3 Tbs soy sauce
- cayenne pepper to taste optional
- 2 Tsp vegetable oil
- 3 scallions white and green parts separated and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup salted peanuts chopped
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions. Drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, lime juice, and soy sauce
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high.
- Add scallion whites and garlic and cook stirring constantly until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add eggs and cook, scraping skillet with a rubber spatula, until eggs are almost set.
- Transfer egg mixture to a plate.
- Ad noodles and soy-sauce mixture to skillet; cook, tossing constantly, until noodles are coated with sauce.
- Add egg mixture and toss to coat, breaking eggs up gently.
- Serve topped with lime wedges, peanuts and cilantro.