Instant Pot Wild Rice
a delicious and simple side dish that compliments any meal. It also makes a great base for a 'bowl' meal. Perfectly cooked every time in your pressure cooker!
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup dry wild rice
Place rice in a colander or fine mesh sieve and rinse thoroughly under cold water until water runs clear.
Pour vegetable broth in the inner pot of the pressure cooker.
Add rinsed rice and stir well. Make sure there is no rice sticking to the sides of the pot.
Place the cover on, turn the valve to 'sealed' position.
Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally.
- You can use chicken broth, bone broth, or water in place of the vegetable broth.
- This recipe can be doubled, the cook time remains the same.
- Do not fill the instant pot more than 1/2 full when cooking rice.
- 1 cup of dry rice yields 3-4 cups of cooked rice.
- When cooking rice in a pressure cooker the ratio is 1:1.
- Add the liquid first, before the rice, this keeps it from sticking to the bottom.
- If using a smaller amount of rice, and a larger instant pot, use the pot in pot method.
Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 238mg | Potassium: 171mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg