This Turkey Skillet Dinner is the perfect one pot meal. It’s quick, easy, and super tasty. Dinner in 30 minutes!
This post may contain affiliate links.
A special thanks to True Green Organics for sponsoring this post.
Turkey Skillet Dinner
Life is busy isn’t it? I don’t even like that word, busy. We are all busy, I prefer to use the word “full”. Because I think busy almost has a negative connotation to it.
In my life, busy doesn’t necessarily mean bad, or crazy. We have four kids, we homeschool, and we have extracurricular activities. It’s all good stuff friends, but it is full, and it’s a season.
That’s one of the reasons I love this Turkey Skillet Dinner. On those days when I need dinner in a hurry, and not just take out or pizza, this is the answer. Plus, not only does it taste awesome, it’s really good for you. What more could you ask for?
Easy Does It
Just a few ingredients and you have a one pot wonder! Ground turkey, onion, sweet potato, kale and cheese. Only 5 ingredients, besides your salt and pepper, which I don’t usually count as an official ingredient because everyone has that.
I guess 6, if you count the parsley. I used that to garnish it, but it does add some great flavor and it’s good for you too. Completely optional.
If you’re really short on time, take a few minutes on the weekend, or the night before and peel and cut the sweet potatoes. They will keep just fine in the fridge.
Variations for Turkey Skillet Dinner~
- Swap out the Kale for Spinach. You could use fresh, or buy frozen and let it thaw before adding it.
- Love cheese? At the end top it off with grated mozzarella cheese and toss it in the oven for a few minutes to melt. I say leave the goat cheese in too, but it’s up to you!
- Add more flavor with herbs such as rosemary, thyme, sage, or Italian seasoning (don’t use them all).
- Spice it up with a bit of chile powder, or ground cayenne.
Easy Clean Up
Ya gotta love a one pan dinner, right? It’s less to clean up, so bonus. I was recently introduced to this awesome dish soap.
It’s 100% organic and cleans fantastically! Just a few drops for a whole sink full of dishes. But, my favorite way to use it is in the dishwasher.
A 1/2 teaspoon is all it takes. It costs about 4 cents a load. Keeping my family safe and kitchen clean is worth that! ????
More Easy Dinner Ideas~
- Sheet Pan Fajitas
- Carnitas Casserole
- Sesame Ginger Drumsticks
- Easy Turkey Noodle Soup
- Crockpot Pizza Casserole
Enjoy this Turkey Skillet Dinner!
Turkey Skillet Dinner with Sweet Potatoes and Kale
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cups sweet potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 cups Kale or Spinach
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese or more to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- parsley optional for garnish
- Warm the olive oil in a skillet
- Add onions and saute until translucent, 5 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey, browning and breaking up until cooked through.
- Add the sweet potatoes, and cover. (you may need to add a little water) Cook until tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Add the Kale, and cook until wilted.
- Add the cheese.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
Tools you may need for Turkey Skillet Dinner
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.