This Mixed Greens Salad Recipe is the perfect accompaniment to all your Fall dishes. So easy to put together and tastes delightful!
There's nothing like a fresh green salad. Do you like field greens or are you more of a Romaine lettuce person?
I happen to like both, but the field greens in this Mixed Greens Salad Recipe compliment the sweetness of the fruit well.
So, there's not too much to this salad, I mean it's not rocket science, it's pretty simple, yet SO flavorful, and, there are all kinds of ways to change it up.
- Use Arugula for a peppery flavor
- Use Romaine for more Crunch
- Use Butter lettuce or Boston Bibb for a sweeter lettuce
- Use apples instead of pears
- Use persimmons or peaches
- Use pomegranate arils in place of black berries
- Use blueberries, raspberries or even grapes in place of blackberries
- Add some dried fruit such as dried cherries or cranberries
Swap Nuts (or seeds)~
- pine nuts
- sunflower seeds
You can turn this into more of a main dish by adding some protein
Add Fall Veggies
- Roasted pumpkin
- Roasted butternut squash
- Sweet potatoes
You pretty much have endless flavor combinations here. This should keep you satisfied for a long time!
Not a fan of goat cheese or just want another flavor?
- Blue cheese
- Fresh mozzarella
- White cheddar (or orange)
- Smoked Gouda
Seriously, cheese options are endless!
Mixed Greens Salad Recipe Dressing~
You can pretty much use your favorite dressing with this. For me, my kind of "stand by" if you will, my go-to that tastes good on everything-- Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Sometimes I make this with only 2 ingredients. 2 parts olive oil to 1 part balsamic vinegar. When I'm feeling a little more... fancy, I add a squirt of dijon mustard and a bit of maple syrup.
There are several homemade dressings (including the balsamic vinaigrette) in this post on easy jam jar salad dressings. Maybe one will jump out at you.
Mixed Greens Salad Recipe Pairings~
There you have it! One easy Mixed Greens Salad Recipe with endless variations. Let me know how you make it your own! Tag me on social media (@artfrommytable) or leave me a comment.
See you next time!
Mixed Greens Salad Recipe with Pears and Blackberries
- 4 cups Spring Field Greens
- 1 cup sliced pears
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers
- ½ cup goat cheese crumbled
- ½ cup pecans
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and toss.
- Serve with your favorite Salad Dressing, or the Balsamic Vinaigrette mentioned in the post.