This easy teriyaki chicken recipe is a cinch to put together with only a few ingredients that you probably already have on hand. Whether for company or an easy weeknight meal, this chicken dinner is always a winner.
Summer Grilling Series
Welcome back to the Summer Grilling Series! It’s July, so ya know, it’s time to talk about back to school stuff. You guys, I just can’t! We’ve only been on summer break for 2 weeks! So, I’m going to keep sharing summer recipes with you, probably all summer. 😉
Have no fear, there will be plenty of back to school ideas as well. But for now, with warm weather, let’s keep cooking outside.
If you’re just tuning in now, here’s the other fabulous grilling recipes I’ve posted so far:
- Coconut Lime Chicken
- Greek Yogurt Grilled Chicken
- Carne Asada (probably my favorite so far)
- Citrus Basil Chicken
This is one of my all time favorite chicken dinners. It’s easy, I usually have all the ingredients on hand, and for some reason, it really impresses people. I think the secret is the fresh ginger. We’re grilling this today, but, I have used this same marinade and baked the chicken in the oven, and even slow cooked it. Super versatile. It goes great with this Wild Rice.
The marinade is just a few ingredients:
- soy sauce
- grated onions
If you can’t have soy sauce, Bragg’s Liquid Amino Acids makes a great substitute.
I use fresh ginger, I think it makes it stand out, but you can substitute dried ground ginger as well. I typically have fresh ginger in the house, but I realize that may not be a staple item for everyone.
If you’re one of my Trim Healthy Mama (THM) friends, then swap out the honey for an on plan sweetener. I’ve done it, it tastes just as good. 🙂
Don’t miss the the awesome grilling tips in this Coconut Lime Chicken post. Perfect grilling every time!
Let’s get grilling!
Easy Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
- 2-2/12 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tsp grated onions
- Whisk together soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic, and onions.
- Place chicken in a ziplock bag or shallow dish, pour marinade over top. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight
- Preheat grill to 400-500 degrees. Remove chicken from marinade and grill until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Serve immediately.
More flavors of summer you’ll enjoy~