Need an easy weeknight meal? I’ve got another one for you! These Asian Style Chicken Bell Peppers Recipe is oh so yummy and easy to make!
Asian Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Tender chunks of chicken in a mildly sweet peanut sauce topped with cashews and green onions and cilantro.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, finely diced
- 2 cups water chestnuts, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or run through a press
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated 1 tsp ground ginger can be substituted
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp natural creamy peanut butter
- 6 colored bell peppers, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 green onions, sliced
- cilantro for garnish
Preheat oven to 350.
Heat oil in a large skillet.
Add onion and saute’ until tender, 3-5 minutes.
Add chicken and cook until cooked through.
Add water chestnuts, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, honey and hoisin sauce, stir until combined, simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Remove from heat and spoon chicken into pepper halves.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Garnish with green onions, cashews and cilantro.
For more Asian inspired meals, try these: