There's nothing like a big juicy burger fresh off the grill. These Asian style turkey burgers are lower in fat but high on flavor. A nice alternative if you're looking for a healthier option.
Summer Grilling Series
Welcome (or welcome back) to the Summer Grilling Series where I'm sharing just for the grill deliciousness.
These Asian-style turkey burgers are the latest addition. They're oh so juicy and topped with homemade crispy creamy coleslaw (recipe included!)
Why turkey burgers? I like to keep things interesting. Ground turkey is lower in fat and considered healthier for you. And, it just sounded good.
I still love a traditional burger recipe, and these Perfect Grilled Burgers made with ground beef won't disappoint!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Asian Style Turkey Burgers
Okay, so these are super simple to make. Don't let extra ingredients scare you, it's what packs the burgers with some punch. You just combine everything together, mix it with your hands and you're on your way.
I love using fresh ginger root whenever I'm making Asian dishes, however, it can easily be subbed out for ground ginger. I have this ginger grater, and it works like a charm. I promise the fresh flavor is worth it. Plus you'll be able to use it in other recipes such as Asian Stuffed Peppers, Teriyaki chicken, or homemade salad dressings.
Grilled to perfection
- Always preheat your grill, and you want it hot, 400-500 degrees.
- Start with a clean grill grate. After it heats up, you can scrape it with a grill brush, or crumpled foil.
- Never flatten or press on your burger while it's cooking. This releases the juices which can cause fire to flame up, and it dries out your burger.
- Make an impression on your burger. Put your thumbprint in the middle. This keeps the burger from bulging in the center while it's cooking--which makes you want to flatten it with your spatula.
Enjoy your burgers! Snap a photo when you try these and tag me on social media. I love to see what's on YOUR table!
Asian Turkey Burgers with homemade slaw
- 1 pkg cole slaw mix
- 1 pkg shredded red cabbage
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the burgers
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 small carrot, finely shredded
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 8 whole wheat burger buns
Cole Slaw Instructions
- Whisk together the mayo, vinegar, honey, onion powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the cole slaw mix and shredded red cabbage. Toss to coat well, set aside until ready to use.
- Combine the turkey, carrot, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and parsley, gently mix everything together with your hands.
- Form patties, and make a thumb indent in the center of each one.
- Preheat grill to 400-500 degrees. Place patties on the grill and close the lid. Cook for 18-20 minutes, turning once.
- Serve burgers topped with cole slaw
- Use an on plan sweetener in place of the honey, such as ½ teaspoon of Truvia or Gentle Sweet. Adjust for your tastes.
- Skip the buns and place the burger in a lettuce wrap.
For more grilling greats, check out these...