An easy chicken marinade that's tangy and savory made with delicious spices and fresh ingredients. This one will keep you coming back for more.
Summer Grilling Series
Welcome back to another summer grilling post! If you've been following along, I've been sharing a great grilling recipe with you each week with all the summer flavors.
This one might be my favorite for chicken (I don't know, I love Teriyaki too!).The blend of flavors is fantastic, and honestly quite hard to describe. I thought about calling it "secret sauce chicken" for that reason.
The best description I could come up with is "savory". It's exactly that. It has a combination of fresh herbs and ingredients along with some seasoned salt and dried spices like smoked paprika that intensify the flavor. Just trust me, you've got to try this one.
It's unique, and summery and just plain amazing. Perfect for a quick dinner, but also impressive to serve guests.
Easy Chicken Marinade
One of the reasons I love doing a bunch of marinades in the summer is because it gives me more time to enjoy the sunshine and the kids. It really only takes 5 or 10 minutes to put it together and then it just has to do it's magic marinating in the fridge.
Grilling only takes 10-15 minutes or so and dinner is on the table. Serve it with grilled Corn on the Cob and a salad with lots of yummy fresh veggies and you're good to go.
You can even make these marinades ahead, toss the meat in them and freeze them. I love having a freezer stocked with ready to go meals. Make sure you thaw them in the fridge before cooking.
More grilling recipes
Savory Grilled Chicken
- 2-2 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh squeezed from ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a small bowl and stir well.
- Place the chicken in a shallow dish or zip lock bag and pour the marinade over top, making sure all chicken is covered well.
- Marinade for at least 30 minutes and up to one day.
- Preheat Grill to 400-500 degrees. Grill chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.