Caramelized Onion Tarts
These caramelized onion tarts were one of the many things on the menu and definitely was loved by all. It’s really simple to put together. Here’s a short video with all you need to know.
This easy recipe has only 4 ingredients (if you don’t count the salt and pepper) and comest together quite quickly as you can see.
It was so good that I wanted to make it again for a New Year’s eve party we were invited to. Some of the people that had been to my Christmas Eve open house were also at this NYE party, and had also brought this dish. And, it all got gone. This is a winner friends. 🙂
More great appetizers
Carmelized Onion Tarts
- 2 Tbs Olive oil
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 2 red apples cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden brown.
- Stir in the apples, salt, and pepper and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes.
- Place each sheet of pastry on a parchment lined baking sheet and prick all over with a fork.
- Spread with the sour cream, leaving a 1/2 inch border.
- Top with the onion mixture and bake until the pastry is crisp and browned, 30 minutes.
- Cut into pieces before serving.
If you like what you see, please share with your friends! You can pin this recipe by hovering over the picture you like best.
Don’t want to miss a single recipe? Sign up for my FREE newsletter and delicious dishes will be delivered straight to your inbox!