Sweet, frozen, refreshing. A cherry cooler is exactly what you need to be sipping on! This frozen blended beverage is made with sweet cherries and a hint of lime. It’s the perfect way to cool down in the summer heat.
I’m crazy in love with summer’s bounty! Cherries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries… and let’s not forget the home grown tomatoes. MMM! I just love summer food.
In my last post, I talked about freezing cherries. A great way to enjoy the summer flavor all year long is to stock up and freeze it. I’ve also shared how to freeze strawberries, and all the tips for freezing peaches.
But now that the freezer is stocked, and you might be wondering what to make with frozen cherries.
The question isn’t what to make, it’s what to make FIRST! ????????
And I recommend this Cherry Cooler. It’s bursting with flavor and I know you’re going to love it. Consider it fancy enough to be a cherry mocktail, but friendly enough that the whole family can enjoy it. Call it a slushy if you want, just be sure to make it!
It’s as easy as blending up the frozen cherries with a little lime juice and some simple syrup.
Simple syrup is just sugar, or preferred sweetener, heated with water until it’s blended. I like to use honey instead of sugar. It’s a nice way to sweeten lemonade or cocktails.
How to make simple syrup
- Use equal parts water and sugar (or honey).
- Place into a small saucepan and heat on medium to low heat until dissolved.
- Let cool, store in the refrigerator in a sealed container for 5-7 days.
You can infuse the simple syrup with other flavors for a fun twist. I used mint in this Strawberry Mojito Mocktail.
Cherry Cooler Recipe
All you need is frozen cherries, simple syrup, and fresh limes.
Step one: Make the simple syrup, cool
Step two: Add the cherries, syrup and lime juice to the blender
Step three: Blend blend blend!
- To save time, make the simple syrup ahead of time so it can cool and be stored in the fridge. I usually make extra and use it in other things.
- If it’s a cherry cocktail you’re craving, feel free to add some rum or tequila or whatever floats your boat. ????
- I use my Vitamix blender to make this. It’s very strong and I still use the tamper to push the fruit down until it gets going. You could also use a food processor if you wanted to.
More Frozen Cherry Recipes
Here’s a few more ideas on how to use frozen cherries.
- Eat them straight out of the freezer! Talk about a quick delicious way to cool off!
- Use them in this cherry breakfast cake.
- If it’s chocolate you’re craving (because cherries and chocolate are a perfect combo), try this chocolate covered cherry smoothie.
- 2 lbs frozen pitted sweet cherries
- 1/4 cup lime juice from fresh limes
- 2-4 tbsp simple syrup depending how sweet you like it. See notes for how to make simple syrup
- Place frozen cherries, lime juice and simple syrup in a high powered blender or food processor.
- Blend on high until completely blended and well mixed.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with additional frozen cherries, fresh cherries and a lime slice if desired.
High Powered Blender Suggestions:
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of Art From My Table!