Island Breeze Tropical Green Smoothie
Need a little getaway? To somewhere warm perhaps? I can’t take you there myself, but, I can share this amazing recipe with you for an Island Breeze Tropical Green Smoothie and maybe you can take a little vacation in your mind. 🙂
I’ve been making green smoothies for a few years now. It was kind of a stretch for me back then. I grew up being kind of a picky eater and the idea of consuming something green wasn’t that appealing. (Got picky eaters? Check out my tips in my roasted brussels sprouts recipe!)
I’m not sure why, but thankfully, my kids love eating things that are green! WIN!
I was first inspired to make a green smoothie by Tiffany at The Gracious Pantry. I had joined her “no sugar challenge”. I’m talking NO sugar here, no sweeteners, no natural sugars, such as honey, maple syrup, or stevia, no artificial sweeteners (even worse than sugar), nada, nothing.
You can read up on the guidelines on her website. This smoothie is what helped me to satisfy my sweet craving without having sugar. And now I’m hooked!
Look at that beautiful spinach! Now, if you are a little leary about putting spinach in your smoothie, please, have no fear! This ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT taste like spinach. I promise you!
I have even had some tasters and they really can’t tell except by the color. It is so good, and it satisfied my sweet tooth.
- You can make this in any blender, but I love my Vitamix. Smoothest smoothie you will ever have! I honestly feel like it was worth every cent. They are not just good for smoothies, you can make so much more in them (pesto’s, puree’s, your own gogurts).
- You can use frozen fruit instead of fresh if you want, if so, eliminate the ice cubes.
- Any milk will due as well, so pick your preference.
- No afternoon grogginess, you know when you can’t stop yawning? And,
- my pants are kind of big (please no eye rolls from the people that know me-haha),
- I’ve had a lot more energy and am enjoying my food more. 🙂
Love Smoothies? Check out my new book “Super Smoothies”.