Remember those orange dreamsicle popsicles? They were refreshing and creamy and delicious. Well, this Healthy Orange Creamsicle Smoothie is just like that popsicle, except, there’s no sugar and it’s actually good for you!
Isn’t it funny how a smell or a taste can just bring you right back in time? That’s how I felt about this smoothie. I was instantly back at my house on Glen Echo eating popsicles with my best friend and playing with the neighbor kids in the hot summer sun.
It’s orange-y yet vanilla-y, super creamy, and just plain refreshing. It’s pretty hard to believe that it’s good for you. And I don’t just mean not bad for you, I mean actually good for you.
Being the responsible parent I am now, my poor kids don’t get popsicles. Instead I freeze my DIY Gogurts. I know, SO mean. It’s okay, they don’t know any other way. 😉
Of course we know oranges are high in vitamin C and are perfect for building up your immunity and kicking out that oncoming cold. The Greek yogurt is high in protein and probiotics.
I added a little protein powder just to bring the protein up a little more, and raw almonds. YUM. Almonds add a great nutty flavor, healthy fats and they are considered one of the brain foods.
I may have mentioned before that we adore smoothies at our house. We’ve had a lot of fun coming up with different ideas.
There’s never a bad time to have a smoothie!
We use them for:
- recovery drinks after a work out (and let me just clarify, when I say ‘work out’, I mean for my husband after he works out, this girl has been a work out SLACKER!!)
- Perfect for that afternoon pick me up
- Kid’s need a snack? They won’t even know it’s healthy!
- Breakfast on the go (or lunch or dinner)
- Craving dessert without the sugar? Healthy Orange Creamsicle Smoothie to the rescue!
Healthy Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
I know, you just can’t wait, you want to whip one up right now!
Love Smoothies? Here’s a couple more of our favorites~